Saturday, September 18, 2010

Servite defeats La Habra in chippy, personal game

I had hopes for this game.

I hoped La Habra QB Cody Clements could suit up and go, but his knee wouldn't allow it. I hoped the game would be close, but Servite's defense wouldn't allow it. I hoped that both La Habra and Servite would represent the best of O.C. football.

My hopes were drowned in a sea of yellow.

Both teams took cheap shot after cheap shot. When it was all said and done, both teams combined for 22 penalties and 240 penalty yards. I expect better out of two teams that are coached by some of the best in the business.

The amount of fouls turned this game into an endless game of faux machismo. Both sides even openly questioned if there were going to conduct post-game handshakes.

I hoped for a good football game. I hoped to see some class.

No comments: