Friday, September 17, 2010

Edison holds off Dana Hills' late comeback

If you're a fan of the 'ol running quarterback, then this game was for you.

Dana Hills QB Trent Mason ran for 139 yards, while his counterpart Chase Favreau combined for 77. Now, if I do my math correctly, math was my worst subject (stay in school kids!), that amounts to 216 combined yards of quarterbacks getting their Michael Vick on.

What surprised me the most was Favreau's rocket arm. If you cut out the last two letters of his name, you get Favre, and I'm telling you the kid has some zip that would make the Wrangler jeans wearing son of a gun proud.

OCVarsity Heisman nominee Chris Kearney was as good as advertised, punching in two scores. But I also liked the fight I saw out of Nicholas Masaniai. With Davion Orphey out of the picture, Masaniai stepped up with 115 yards in a big game.

However, Dah Chahgers accumulated over 150 yards in penalties. I asked Chase Favreau if the way they played tonight was good enough to beat Servite, and he told me "absolutely not."

All in all, Edison has defeated Dana Hills three times within the last year. That's some ownage people.

No comments: