Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lakers hold off Nuggets in Game 2 win



The Lakers held off a late rally by the Nuggets to take Game 2 of the Western Conference quarterfinals, 104-100.
Kobe Bryant led all scorers with 38 points, and used not one but two Dirk Nowitzki like one-legged fadeaway shots that channeled his inner Dirk Nowitzki.
“I actually improved his move,” joked Bryant. “I can shoot mine from the 3-point line. He can’t do that.”
Andrew Bynum was a rebound shy of a double double. He finished with 27 points, but was in a sour mood after the game.
“I just left a lot out there,” Bynum said. “I can do better. I want to be perfect.”
Finally, Ramon Sessions was so upset that he was called for a foul against the Nuggets’ Corey Brewer, that he crumpled to the ground, but it wasn’t all bad.
“It was a tough call to make at that speed,” Sessions said. “But he missed the first one, so it was a good foul.”
The Lakers hit the road to face the Nuggets in Game 3 on Friday.

No comments: