Saturday, December 11, 2010

Garden Grove dedicates championship over Beckman to Telles



Wow! Wow! Webbsy!

With under two minutes left, and Garden Grove trailing Beckman 30-23, Webb spun the greatest touchdown of the OCVarsity season.

I still can't really describe what I saw (and I was standing a few feet away from him), so I'll just let you watch the video, and try to make sense of it yourself.

And as if that touchdown wasn't enough, Garden Grove head coach Wily Puga decides to go for two and win the game. Puga threw the book of common sense right out the window, and gambled that his best player could do it again.

So how does he try to top his last flipping touchdown? This time, he pulls off a 360 by bouncing off everybody in his way. Once again, you gotta watch the video to believe it.

"Coach told me to get over the top," said Webb. "We're a team that goes for it all."

"That's my boy right there. I love him to death," said Garden Grove running back Avery Williams.

Who wouldn't love Josh Webb after what he did tonight. I'm ready to give him the top 5 spots of the OCVarsity Top 10, without even seeing what Tustin-La Habra and Mission Viejo-Servite have to offer.

Josh Webb is the man.

No comments: